Genesis 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years.” (NASB)
The (re-)discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls (DSS) revealed many important things including:
- The accuracy and reliability of the Old Covenant texts referred to as the TaNaKh, an acrostic meaning Torah (=Law/instruction), Nevi’im (=prophets), and Ketuvim (=writings);
- The significance of several extra-Biblical texts including 1 Enoch, Jubilees, Tobit, Sirach, Jasher, and others;
- That not all canonized “books” and “feast days” are of God (e.g., Esther and Purim);
- How to clearly identify Joshua (Gr. ‘Iesous/Heb. Yehoshu’a) as the messiah (=anointed one);
- That the voice crying out in the desert wilderness of Qumran called The Way (falsely called Essenes by Josephus) — the wise men of the East — was the fulfillment of Biblical prophesy regarding the TRUE church to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Gentiles); and
- The location of the buried Second Temple vessels, implements, vestments, and treasure outlined in the Copper Scroll.
But, arguably, the paramount finding was that of the calendrical texts, which are noticeably absent in the canonized Bible. Why is this so important? Because God Most High (Heb. El Elyon) performs His works on His appointed times (Heb. mo’edim); this discovery filled a knowledge gap which had been elusive for nearly two millennia! This key information will ensure that God’s elect — those written in the Book of Life (Heb. Sefer HaChaim) — will not be deceived by Satan and his sons of darkness. Even today, the world follows the pagan Gregorian calendar and the Jewry follows a Babylonian calendar. Review my article entitled It’s About Time for more information.
These are some of the key manuscripts from the DSS:
- 4Q320 (p.402) and 4Q321 (p.406) describing a solar calendar of 364 yomim, when the priestly divisions (Heb. mishmarot) served, and the 354 yomim lunar cycles. If you skipped my article It’s About Time, now would be a good time to review it. It explains the difference between a Biblical yom and a modern SI day, which makes a 364 yomim calendar possible and still applicable.
- 4Q325 (p.415) and 4Q327 describing three appointed times not fully documented in the canonized Bible: Feast of New Wine, Feast of New Oil, and Feast of the Wood Offering.
- 4Q319 (p.420) describing the jubilees with the priestly division serving on 1 Abib, the Biblical New Year’s Day. It is important to understand the jubilees, or weeks of years, as Daniel’s 70 “weeks” is actually referring to a period of 3,430 years (i.e., 70 x 49 = 3,430).
- 1 Enoch 72 describes the course of the sun.
- 1 Enoch 73–74,78–79 describes the course of the moon.
These are summarized in the following documents:
- DSS Calendar combining 4Q320, 4Q321, 4Q325, and 4Q327;
- DSS Jubilees;
- Course of the sun throughout the seasons of the year; and
- Related calendrical and meteorological manuscripts.
In addition, I have reconciled the Gregorian calendar with that of the DSS for a full lunar cycle of three years — one of which is a leap year:
- 21 March 2018-19 (Lunar Cycle 3 of 3),
- 21 March 2019-20 (Lunar Cycle 1 of 3); and
- 21 March 2020-21 (Lunar Cycle 2 of 3).
The fact that this reconciliation is possible proves that this calendar is still valid and is in play from an eschatological perspective.
After three years, the lunar cycle is 30 yomim deficient and realigns with the 364 yomim solar calendar. This evokes a Heavenly sign (Heb. ‘ot); that is, a full moon on 1 Abib; refer to the DSS Jubilees document above for details. We will actually witness that sign the evening of March 21, 2019. Also, on the evening of April 7th (18 Abib), Cycle 1 of 6 of the priestly divisions will commence. The priestly divisions are significant because it provides a vital clue as to when John the (Water) Immerser was conceived, which is critical in deciphering both Christ’s conception as well as His birth!
It is a miracle that these calendrical documents were made publicly available. The two entities — that controlled and had the most to lose regarding the truth contained within them — allowed them to be published. They must have thought they were irrelevant in modern times; they could not have been more wrong! In that regard, I highly recommend The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception by Baigent and Leigh. The authors were eerily spot on in the handling, translating, and publishing the DSS manuscripts. Of course, this book was panned by “Biblical scholars” and “theologians.”
Be sure to examine the articles, calendrical documents, maps, and figures in the following series:
- Archive: Agricultural Feasts Series
- Archive: Creation Week Series
- Archive: Dead Sea Scrolls – Calendrical and Meteorological Documents
- Archive: HaDerech (The Way) Series
- Archive: Hebrew University of Jerusalem – Orion Center – Posts from 2001
- Archive: Maps
- Archive: Mo’edim (Appointed Times) Series
- Archive: Passover/Unleavened Bread Series
- Archive: Revelation Study Series
- Archive: Uncategorized
- Recommended Page
Shema Yisrael! (Hear, Israel!)
Copyright (C) 1995-2019, L. Alan Schuetz. All rights reserved.
2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. (NASB)