Exodus 23:15 You shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread; for seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the appointed time in the month Abib, for in it you came out of Egypt. And none shall appear before Me empty-handed. (NASB)
This “yom” on 21 Abib, the third day of the week (evening of 4/10 and morning of 4/11) on the seventh day of Unleavened Bread, marks the final day of the feast; it is an annual or High Sabbath and is a holy convocation:
Leviticus 23:6 Then on the fifteenth day of the same month there is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. 7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work. 8 But for seven days you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord. On the seventh day is a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work. (NASB)
In 36 CE, Christ had ascended to Heaven for the first time the day before and spent this day at the right hand of the Most High.
Be sure to read the companion articles in the Passover/Unleavened Bread series as well as the events leading up to them:
- The False Tradition of Palm Sunday
- 9 Abib: Christ’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Preparation Day/Passover vs Unleavened Bread and Weekly vs Annual/High Sabbaths
- Mo’ed: Pesach (Passover) – The Paschal Lamb of God – 14 Abib
- Mo’ed: Chag HaMazot (Feast of Unleavened Bread) – 15-21 Abib
- Afterlife: Believer’s Souls Do NOT Go to Heaven! (Note: Christ’s soul was in OT She’ol/NT Hades from 15-17 Abib for three days and NIGHTS per the sign of Jonah)
- 18 Abib: The TRUE Resurrection Day
- 19 Abib: Christ’s Empty Tomb Discovered
- 20 Abib: The Great Commission and Christ’s FIRST Ascension
Shema Yisrael! (Hear, Israel!)
Copyright (C) 1995-2018, L. Alan Schuetz. All rights reserved.