In 2018, most Christians will recognize and celebrate the “movable feast” of Palm Sunday today (March 25th), but that is NOT what the Bible states. Although Matthew, Mark, and Luke are unclear as to the date in 36 CE, John is crystal clear:
John 12:1 Jesus, therefore, six days before the Passover, came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. (NASB)
So, we know with certainty when He was in Bethany, but the key verse is John 12:12:
John 12:12 ON THE NEXT DAY (emphasis mine) the large crowd who had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took the branches of the palm trees and went out to meet Him, and began to shout, “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel.” 14 Jesus, finding a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written, 15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your King is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt.” (NASB)
So, Christ’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem occurred FIVE DAYS BEFORE PASSOVER! As Passover commences the “evening” of 14 Abib on the third day of the week, the Triumphal Entry occurred on the “morning” of 9 Abib on the fifth day of the week; see the Dead Seas Scrolls calendar. In accordance with the pagan Gregorian calendar, that event occurred on the “morning” or daylight hours of March 28th! (Author’s Note: Read the companion article entitled 9 Abib: Christ’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem).
In a nutshell: Easter pays covert homage to a spring fertility goddess of the dawn. Review its etymology, and research the origin of Ēostre. Christ was NOT resurrected on Easter Sunday nor was His triumphal entry the previous Sunday! The Bible states that He was:
- Crucified as the Lamb of God on Passover (14 Abib),
- Buried BEFORE the (Annual or High) Sabbath of the first day of Unleavened Bread (15 Abib; therefore, He was buried on Passover (aka Preparation Day) — see John 19:31-42 concentrating on v31),
- Dead and buried for three days and NIGHTS per the sign of Jonah (15-17 Abib)**, and
- Resurrected as Lord of the (WEEKLY) Sabbath (18 Abib);
- His empty tomb was discovered on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (19 Abib)!
**Note: Where is the third night with a “Good Frigga’s Day” crucifixion and an “Eostre Sun’s Day” sunrise resurrection? Is Christ a liar? See Matthew 12:39-40, 16:4; Luke 11:29-30; the basis is Jonah chapters 1-2.
Next Sunday when celebrating Easter, think about why eggs and bunnies — both fertility symbols — are associated with Easter; it’s all assimilated paganism.
In the meantime, watch the video entitled “Easter – The Pagan Passover.” (Author’s Note: I have no affiliation with this ministry). It is not 100% correct as it references the pagan Babylonian calendar currently employed by modern Israel, but it documents how the Catholic church changed what is Scriptural (which carried over to Protestantism after the Reformation).
We have been deceived! #WakeUp #QuestionEverything
Be sure to read the companion articles in the Passover/Unleavened Bread series as well as the events leading up to them:
- 9 Abib: Christ’s Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Preparation Day/Passover vs Unleavened Bread and Weekly vs Annual/High Sabbaths
- Mo’ed: Pesach (Passover) – The Paschal Lamb of God – 14 Abib
- Christ’s Crucifixion: Cross or Tree? Does it REALLY Matter?
- Mo’ed: Chag HaMazot (Feast of Unleavened Bread) – 15-21 Abib
- Afterlife: Believer’s Souls Do NOT Go to Heaven! (Note: Christ’s soul was in OT She’ol/NT Hades from 15-17 Abib for three days and NIGHTS per the sign of Jonah)
- 18 Abib: The TRUE Resurrection Day
- 19 Abib: Christ’s Empty Tomb Discovered
- 20 Abib: The Great Commission and Christ’s FIRST Ascension
- 21 Abib: The Last Day of Unleavened Bread – An Annual or High Sabbath
Shema Yisrael! (Hear, Israel!)
Copyright (C) 2018, L. Alan Schuetz. All rights reserved.
2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. (NASB)